Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Upcoming Posts: DIY Playlists, 2017 Edition

Good news, folks: I have plans for a number of DIY playlists in 2017.

In particular, I know a few of you have been looking forward to me crafting a "Best of 1966" set, and I can tell you that it's currently in progress. I finally got myself a copy of that mammoth collection, and it's as good as I hoped! Unfortunately, this means that compiling it will take some time. I'm hoping for a release date of March 1, 2017, but you never know.

Additionally, I'm working on the following collections:

Studio Essentials, 1973 - 1978
Studio Essentials, 1989 - 2000
Studio Essentials, 2001 - 2012
Live Essentials, 1971 - 1981
Live Essentials, 1992 - 2002
Best of the Basement Tapes

Hopefully none of these take me too long! In any case, I thought it might be nice to have something pleasant to look forward to.

Cheers,
CS

14 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Looking forward to the next installments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for what you are planning ...Deep down I keep wishing for the Carnegie Hall show with the Hawks!! It must be in the Columbia/Sony vaults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good news CS! Thought you had gone quiet to 'game over' but this indeed gives us something to look forward to in these desolate times. In your own time dood! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance to post the infamous 6/17/91 Stuttgart show? I've only found it once with a long dead Rapidshare link. Much thanks for everything you do here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, afraid not. Posting individual shows is outside the scope of this website. I'd encourage looking into Electric Ladyland or Expecting Rain. If there are no live links in either of those places, posting in the Rare Recordings Request sub-forum on Expecting Rain will almost certainly get the job done.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy you're back again, as all your work was masterly crafted. Also it had an extra value because of the love you've put in it.
    Here is a sort of compilation of the 1966 shows in the shape of a soundtrack that never was: http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.it/2017/01/bob-dylan-eat-document-soundtrack.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! You don't happen to be the person that runs that page, do you? I loved the Infidels and Basement Tape "Albums That Never Were".

      Delete
    2. Actually, I've just discovered it :-)

      Delete
  6. Well this is very good news.
    I always love your compilations.
    So I am looking forward to the collections, you offer above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! this is very, very good news...
    Thanks a lot for your change of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about Dylan covering other people's songs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I just found your blog, and I love these playlists. They're put together well, the flow is good, and it's a great way to re/discover songs. Thank you for all the work.

    ReplyDelete