Translate

Monday, July 15, 2013

Introduction

Hello internet,

I hope all is well out there in cyberspace.

For some time, I have been "publishing" compilations of Bob Dylan field recordings and outtakes on expectingrain.com. That has been rewarding, and seems to have brought some small amount of joy to the world.

The two years or so that this project has taken have been fruitful, and I'd like to share the compilations with a wider group of people. That, of course, is where this blog comes in.

Over the next several months, I hope to post the full collection of tapes, which span the years 1965 - 2013. I will also do my best to link to retailers so that you might purchase the official Columbia releases which relate to these posts.

I can't say strongly enough that I disagree with piracy, and encourage listeners to purchase available recordings through legitimate stores. All recordings found here are unreleased, and no money should be paid to anyone but the artist/record company for these songs. If the links found herein contain anything which could be purchased elsewhere, or otherwise cause offense, please send me a message and they will be removed ASAP. I claim no rights to these recordings, or my edits of them.

Please post comments as you see fit, and most of all: enjoy! There is a wonderful appreciation of truth and beauty to found in the art etched upon these ones and zeroes.

8 comments:

  1. Hi. I just found your site. A true labor of love. Great stuff. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered your blog. It is an extraordinary resource - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I knew all of Dylan's works until I found Pastures Of Plenty Outtakes from your site. The Tomorrow Is A Long Time outtake is amazing. It's like finding Blind Wille McTell all over again. Thank you, it's means alot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome site thank you!!!!! BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been digging into your site and just want to say thank you! Great work. There is too much Dylan out there to listen to in a lifetime (as I write the 1066 live box is sitting accusingly before me) so it's great to have someone pick out the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a follower of your site for quite some time and appreciate what you do and your selections.... This is now almost 2020 so I am sitting here at home typing this and wondering when you are going to give us somehing 'new' or even 'old' from Bob's catalogue....In the menatime, CS ....Happy New Year with good health and happiness. Cheers. ....jc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your site by accident while looking for Johnny Cash, glad I have found this, I only wish someone would do the same job as you did with Johnny Cash, maybe there is someone. If you know about any please let me know meanwhile I'll enjoy Bob just as much. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've known about this site for quite a while now and lifted happily from it and listened to what I've taken... saw the last note on here was January 2020 so thought I'd put up a more recent bit of praise and thanks and hope that you can bring us something else (apart from all the music Bob is providing just now) that will amuse our taste buds. So, there...thanks but don't continue to be a stranger to us....I always end with 'Cheers!!).

    ReplyDelete